Harry Pye's Artist Statement and Bio

Harry Pye – Artist statement. I studied Fine Art Printmaking at Winchester School of Art. I didn’t start painting till 15 years ago which was around the time I turned 30. Art has been a means of finding out how I feel about people and things. It’s also stopped me feeling bored and lonely and that everything is pointless. My paintings often cheer me up. Recently I’ve been working on a transcription of a Van Gogh painting called The Painter on the Road to Tarascon. I’m hoping to exhibit a new painting based on the Van Gogh painting and also a very large painting I made in collaboration with Gordon Beswick which is of Chris Packham and is also a part homage to Van Gogh’s Starry Starry Night.
Short biog. ************ Born 1973, artist and writer Harry Pye is the founder The Rebel magazine. And has curated dozens of exhibitions including; “100 Mothers” and “Viva Pablo”. Recently he was one of the organisers of the “Inside Job” show at Tate Modern. Harry’s paintings has been exhibited in Brazil, Estonia, and Denmark and sold in aid of numerous charities. He once won a Daily Mirror completion to paint Tony Blair (the judges were Gilbert & George). In 2016 he released an album made in collaboration with the composer Francis Macdonald. Mojo magazine reviewed the album and gave it 4 stars because they thought it was “odd but good.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

James F Johnston Artist's Statement & Bio

Nicola Hick's Artist's Statement and Bio

Corin Johnson Artist's Statement and Bio